Leadership is Influence with Head of Leadership Development at IMG Academy, James Leath
James Leath joined IMG Academy in 2015. As Head of Leadership Development, James develops and delivers curriculum for IMG Academy student-athletes across 8 sports and presents to visiting teams, companies, and professional athletes.
James attended Fresno State University where he received his B.A. in Communication. During college, when he wasn’t playing football, he was best known for being the beloved mascot of Fresno State, Time Out. After graduation, James went on to play quarterback for a semi-pro team in Fresno, CA. With over 15 years of coaching experience and a M.A. in Performance Psychology, James is passionate about teaching athletes the tools they need in order to be successful in life and in sport.
Some gems James provides:
- How we all are a leader
- James’ definition of leadership
- Why Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz is James’ favorite leader
- The characteristics of great leaders
- Why adversity is essential for leadership
- 5 areas of great leadership: 1) identity, 2) connection, 3) communication, 4) inspiration, and 5) improvement
- 3 people you need in your life: 1) a mentor, 2) someone who you live your life with, and 3) people who you leave a legacy for.
You can find James on Twitter @JamesLeath or follow his blog at jamesleath.com.